What you don’t know about portion sizes will make you fat!
Did you know….?
- The average adult American weighs 25 pounds more today than in 1960.
- Moviegoers, given stale popcorn, will nonetheless eat 61% more if given a large container instead of a small container.
- In the past 20 years, the top-selling women’s clothing size has ballooned from size 8 to size 14.
- A typical croissant in the United States is twice the size of one in France.
- Meals served in Chinese restaurants in Philadelphia are 72% larger than those served in Chinese restaurants in France.
- CocaCola was first introduced in 6 ounce bottles. A standard bottle is now 20 ounces.